Sunday, January 27, 2013

Getting high...literally

“Cause I’m leaving on a jet plane... I don’t know when I’ll be back again...”

This song has recently come to my mind as two weeks from now, I’ll be riding on a plane for the first time!

On February 10, I together with my colleagues in our student publication will board a domestic flight to Legazpi City in Albay for a three-day journalism contest. That’s the next level of the competition after winning at the regional level in December last year in the City of San Fernando, La Union.




This is one of the few perks I enjoy as an editor of the publication, going places with colorful historical relevance in the country and having a taste of their rich culture. This time, I’ll be seeing Mayon Volcano in person, that volcano with the almost perfect cone shape that I’ve only been seeing in pictures since childhood.



The trip’s still several days ahead and I’m excited. Meantime, “I’ll pack my bags and get ready to go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment