Friday, January 11, 2013

Zipping away in Balungao (again)

For the second time around since the taping of my segment at the Balungao Hilltop Adventure in Balungao, Pangasinan last August, I went back there for another taping, this time for TalkTV Global's TravelDotCom which I am hosting. I tried all the amenities once again and enjoyed them as if it were my first time.


That tarp in the background is the same tarp that you will find along highways, one way of promoting the tourist destination.




You may notice through the background that the resort is not loaded with landscapes just like other resorts that tend to create artificial nature. According to Balungao's tourism officer, Gerry Acosta (the man in yellow in the back), this is to preserve the natural beauty of Mt. Balungao, an inactive volcano.

In the past, treasure hunters dug Mt. Balungao for possible finds. Beneath the tree roots on which I stand is an area of the mountain that they excavated several years before. Whether they found any gems, nobody knew.


Geared up for my second shot on the zipline.


While preparing for it, I was thinking what my reaction would be on my second try on the zipline. During my first time, I felt really nervous and it took me a long while before I finally let go of the cable. I did the superman position again and this time, I felt more confident and enjoyed the scenery below as I sped away.


Well, the experience was indeed fun which also served as my post birthday celebration. And though I cancelled my Hundred Islands tour which I was supposed to do on my birthday, I had another chance to travel and experience extreme adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment