Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Satisfying food experience at Novotel Manila


Food plays a big role in our overall hotel experience.

One of the greatest things I looked forward to at this year’s Blogapalooza was our two-night stay at Novotel Manila—a first for this annual event since its inception in 2011. The relatively new hotel, which is part of Accor Hotels, is located at the Araneta Center. It’s perfect for both a leisurely stay and a business-related trip.

The hotel boasts of stylish posh rooms with soft beds, carpeted floors, elegant toilet and bathroom, and a view of the bustling city. I had a rejuvenating comfortable sleep, but truth be told, what I loved the most about the hotel was the Food Exchange Manila buffet breakfast.

The feast was a mixture of Asian (Filipino, Indian, Japanese) and Western (American, English, Italian) cuisines that created a flavorful revelry in my mouth. Even the coffee, which was served in a French press, added fun and excitement to my breakfast experience.

Appetizing salad greens and other colors!



Refreshing drinks
One of the food choices that I will never forget is the shabu-shabu. It would have tasted better, though, if I added more spices to it.


Experiment with as many flavors as you can to make your finished product more exciting.




The homemade corned beef is one for the books as well. I’m not a fan of corned beef, but I really enjoyed Novotel’s a lot.

Juicy and chunky corned beef--perfect for meat lovers.

Then there’s the taho. Yes, it’s everywhere here in the Philippines, but mixing the ingredients all by yourself is another great experience in itself. The homemade soya milk was rich and flavorful.

When I was a kid, I would always wait for the vendor's reverberating voice exclaiming "taho" on the streets. Upon hearing it, I would hastily grab a mug and ask for P5.00 from my mom, so I could enjoy this morning treat. Twenty four years later, I experienced not only the joy of eating it, but also the fulfillment of making my own cup of taho.

The Filipino food, on the other hand, was nothing out of the ordinary, but it was worth a try as well, so on the second day, I dug in some sinangag (fried rice), longganisa (pork sausage) and tinapa (smoked fish). Usually, I give Filipino food a pass at buffets, but I really wanted to stuff myself with rice, so why not?

One of the choices I wished I had tried was the Indian food. Too bad only the photos I took are my memories of it.



Conclude your breakfast experience at Novotel by taking your dose of fresh fruits, or fresh fruit smoothies.


Here's a tip: To fully enjoy the buffet, get a little of something to get a taste of everything.

Thank you, Blogapalooza and Novotel, for another palatable dining experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment